Pages

Monday, November 9, 2015

Tourist for a Day: Fajardo, Puerto Rico

This weekend I experienced what is to be a tourist in my own island. I went to a ice cream  shop located in Fajardo this weekend.

Tourist visit Fajardo a lot, so I think that they believe me. This ice cream shop, called, Cremaldi, the house of "Mantecado Frito'' is very visited bye natives and by tourists because it is located in coast. When I enter the shop, the employee started  talk me with a Mexican accent. Before I ask for my order, I searched in the internet how Mexican people said "ice cream" and they called it "nieves". So, I said to the employee, "Buenas voy a querer una nieve frita" with the accent.

That ice creams consist was the cone is fried. I did not know existed until I went with my family. You know what they say: ''Learning can become the concept of life of many people, every day you learn something new, it is never too late to feed our knowledge'' (Unknown). This ice cream is delicious, I loved to go. What I liked most about this experience is that it is something new and different. Besides what we are promoting our island helping in some way to the country's economy. I tried the fried vanilla ice cream with whip cream and almonds. Was delicious, best of all are the seats are like rocking chairs and sit in a relaxed atmosphere. I loved this dining experience to be a tourist for a day.


1 comment:

  1. 'Learning can become the concept of life of many people, every day you learn something new, it is never too late to feed our knowledge'' (Unknown)

    I really liked how you incorporated this quote in your reflection. I believe that this Tourist for a Day assignment serves as a way of learning new things about different cultures. The great thing about it is that since it was done in your own country it gives you a new perspective of it and you increase your knowledge of it with these new experiences.

    ReplyDelete